Abyss Web Server is developed to transform your computer into a full-featured, compact web server.
Despite its small footprint, it supports HTTP/1.1, secure SSL/TLS connections (HTTPS), dynamic content generation through CGI/FastCGI scripts, ISAPI extensions, native ASP.NET support, Server Side Includes (SSI), custom error pages, password protection, IP address control, anti-leeching, and bandwidth throttling.
It also features an automatic antihacking system as well as a multilingual remote web management interface that makes its configuration as easy as browsing a web site.
· Virtual hosting (support for many hosts on a single computer)
· Secure SSL/TLS connections (HTTPS)
· Dual hosts (HTTP+HTTPS)
· Comprehensible SSL certificates management interface
· Native ASP.NET support
· Support for PHP, Perl, Python, "Classic" ASP, and almost any Web scripting language including the ability to run database (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Access, etc...) backed Web applications
· Support for the Ruby on Rails framework
· CGI, FastCGI, and ISAPI extensions support
· Custom directory listings
· URL Rewriting engine
· Multilingual remote web configuration interface (console)
· Unicode support
· Automatic anti-hacking system
· Anti-leeching system to control cross-site linking
· Server-wide, per file, and per directory bandwidth control
· Windows System Service, MacOS X Startup Item, and Linux/FreeBSD daemon support (Automatic startup when the computer boots up)
What's New in This Release:
· Native support for 64-bit platforms on Windows and Linux;
· Accurate control over the FastCGI processes creation rate and use through a new set of parameters. These will help control the load of heavy Web sites and limit the processing resources for a particular Web application;
· Updated ASP.NET connector for the Windows version with support for legacy ASP.NET 1.1 applications as well as 32-bit and 64-bit editions of ASP.NET 2.0, 3.5, and 4.0;
· Support for AJAX and RIA/Silverlight ASP.NET frameworks;
· Ability to preload FastCGI interpreters or applications as well as the ASP.NET framework for faster first request processing;
· Updated SSL/TLS engine;
· Updated documentation.