Chasys Draw IES (formerly Chasys Draw Artist) is a suite of applications including a
layer-based image editor with animation, vista-style icon support and super-resolution via image stacking (Chasys Draw IES Artist), a multi-threaded image file converter (Chasys Draw IES Converter) and a fast image viewer (Chasys Draw IES Viewer). The whole suite is Vista UAC aware and is designed to take advantage of
Chasys Draw IES application was designed to be a drawing program like no other.
Chasys Draw IES Artist is the main image editor and paint program in the IES suite.
It's also the parent application from with the rest of the suite evolved. Chasys Draw
IES Artist was initially designed for painting images that look real enough to easily
pass for photos. As a field of study, image editing has come a long way, with new
ideas coming up and even rendering irrelevant traditional methods that are considered
industry standards. Unfortunately, most image editors still stick to tradition.
In designing Chasys Draw IES Artist, the main intention was to address this need; to
provide you with an image editor with all the new ideas and none of the old. As the
application evolved, photo-editing features were added, as were animation and stacking. Chasys Draw IES Artist has over time grown into a powerful image editor
that takes a radically different approach to image editing, resulting in distinctive
character, speed and output quality.
What's New in This Release:
· TextArt 1.5 with wordwrap, v-align, line-spacing and a new editor
· Support for Paint.NET PDN files (without dotNET)
· New option for Pencil Tool - Block
· New option for Dynamics Tool - Clipping Point
· Updated Crop and Rotate Tool with 9 anchors
· Updated Pattern Tool
· Improved Power Management (lazy autosave if on battery)
· Improved docking and window transparency
· Improved PSD and XCF support
· Toggle functionality for window shortcuts
· Option to change background color for Viewer
· Several minor improvements
· [bug fix] Autosave reclamation
· [bug fix] Animation timing in Viewer for GIF
· [bug fix] Undo for changes made via effects plugin