Otk is a portable widget library for making graphical user interfaces (GUIs) for application programs. It emphasizes simplicity without eliminating capability.
This software is based on OpenGL and C.
Otk provides the following basic widgets
· Panel - The "container" widget.
· Text Label - Text labels.
· Button - Buttons with labels and call-backs to user functions.
· Text Form Box - Accept text with function call-back. Also scrollable editor window.
· Pull-down Menu - Display hierarchical menu-lists with user function call-backs on mouse release.
· Slider Control - Slider control with call-back.
· Sub-windows - Detachable self-managed windows.
· Gadgets - High level widgets
· Based on OpenGL - Well supported on most platforms. Clients tend to have the right support files. Easily builds on all platforms. Uses graphics card acceleration when available. Common look and feel. Contains internal default font with arbitrary scale, boldness and slant. Additional fonts can be added.
· API designed from application programmer's viewpoint - Simplified interface. Sensible defaults. Most common functions require one line. But flexibility is not limited because defaults can be modified.
· Minimal library files - Link to-, or include-, one file.
· Direct window-size % relative layout - Specify positions and sizes as percentage of container window. Resizing is automatic and proportional. Traditional pixel-coordinate or framework modes can also be supported.
· Colors can be expressed directly as r,g,b values. (No indirect color index tables.)