DAEMON Tools is an advanced application for multiprotection emulation.
DAEMON Tools is further development of the Generic Safedisc emulator incorporating all its features. This program allows running backup copies of SafeDisc (C-Dilla), Securom or Laserlock protected games.
It emulates max. 4 DVD-ROM drives and works with CD/DVD images created by many burning programs
DAEMON Tools works under Windows9x/ME/NT/2000/XP with all types of CD/DVDROM drives (IDE/SCSI) and supports nearly any CD protection.
· DAEMON Tools needs a 1:1 Copy to run!!
· DAEMON Tools is used to RUN GAMES, NOT TO BURN THEM!!! Means emulation must be active while you want to play a game, not while burning the copy (except for you want to use DAEMON Tools' "fastdump" feature on a safedisc protected CD).
· If you want to run a copy protected application from an image mounted to a Generic DVD-ROM enabling the copy protection emulation(s) is NOT necessary!!
· Generic DVD-ROM is able to run nearly every protected or unprotected CD image (Safedisc, Securom, Laserlock, Lockblocks etc.) like it was the original CD! Just do an image file using one of the supported burning programs and mount it with Daemon Manager!
· ccd (CloneCD)
· bwt (Blindwrite)
· mds (Media Descriptor File)
· cdi (Discjuggler)
· nrg (Nero)
· pdi (Instant CD/DVD)
· b5t (BlindWrite 5)
NOTE: DAEMON Tools Lite is freeware ONLY for PRIVATE USE. If you use it in a commercial environment, for example your office or an Internet Cafe, you must register DAEMON Tools.
Users will not need to purchase a license for every PC you run DAEMON Tools Lite on. There is an alternative for users whether to purchase the needed quantity of DAEMON Tools Lite licenses or to buy one Multi-Instance license (where the number of Instances corresponds to the number of PCs).
Special discounts are available for running DAEMON Tools Lite in school or university PCs.
What's New in This Release:
· Rare BSODs when Advanced Emulation mode is disabled;
· Error 1500: driver initialization issue at startup.
Reasons why this program is marked as ad-supported:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function