System Mechanic Professional is a complex suite that includes five different products that provide computer tuneup and maintenance, antivirus protection, up-to-date drivers, file backup and recovery.
System Mechanic Professional is the advanced and more complete twin of System Mechanic. It was built on top of the latter with a few software additions: Search and Recover, DriveScrubber, System Shield AntiVirus & AntiSpyware and Online Backup.
Before proceeding with deployment, make sure to uninstall any current antivirus software, as the two different applications may clash. The interface is professionally organized, but still easy to work with. The left side holds sections such as Dashboard, ActiveCare, Internet Security, Toolbox, and Reports.
The Dashboard contains an overview on your entire operating system (which will be active after you perform an analysis), and encountered problems, if any.
ActiveCare performs automatic task, such as cleaning up the excessive system clutter, repairing registry problems, optimizing startup configuration, or backing up the registry.
The Internet Security section acts like an anti-malware and firewall module, while the Toolbox contains tools such as PC Accelerator, PC Repair, PC Cleanup, and PC Security.
Reports show the IntelliStatus (information about hard drive space, system memory, startup programs, running programs, and internet speed) and history.
Being such an advanced application, System Mechanic Professional comes at the price of high CPU and RAM usage, especially during system scans.
All in all, System Mechanic Professional is enough for average users. It covers just about all the aspects of system maintenance and protection, while user efforts are reduced to a minimum.
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release:
· AcceleWrite - Typical defragmentation tools are useful only after a drive has experienced performance loss due to an accumulation of fragmented files. AcceleWrite optimizes the way your hard drive stores data, minimizing fragmentation and keeping your drive performing better, longer.
· Recommendations - System Mechanic's Dashboard Problems screen now displays recommendations for improving your PC's performance even further.
· Startup Optimizer - Startup Optimizer's redesigned wizard is simpler and more powerful, providing you with valuable information to help decide which startup items to keep and which to turn off with just a few clicks.
· Dashboard Overview - System Mechanic's Dashboard Overview screen now displays status information for ActiveCare and AcceleWrite and provides one-click access to these tools.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Includes components or services not necessarily related to the program's functionality but intended to generate income for the developer