Total Commander is a modern interpretation of the popular Norton Commander. It comes with a new approach on Windows, relying on a two-panel interface that allows users to handle files in two folders at the same time, just like with the MS-DOS-based tool.
The way files are listed vary according to each user's preferences, with shortcuts for every single operation, starting with the common cut, copy and paste tools and ending with edit, create a new folder and rename.
But Total Commander has to offer much more than that. It has a FTP client for accessing servers in a matter of seconds, a multi-rename tool just in case you want to keep things organized, multiple network tools plus a gigantic settings menu that allows you to configure every single bit of the application.
As you would expect, Total Commander is able to handle archives too, so it can pack and unpack files in a matter of seconds, as we've learned during our tests. However, probably the best thing about it is the speed of operation. This piece of software is so fast that won’t even notice the difference between opening a folder with 2 files and one with 300 files.
With its great feature pack and extensive customization possibilities, Total Commander sets the bar high for all file managers. Working with it is not difficult and once you get the hang of it, you may find it is an indispensable tool.
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release:
· Added: wcx_ftp.ini [General] DecodePercent=0: If set to 1, decode %hex values in user name/password in URLs (32/64)
· Added: wincmd.ini [Configuration] SubdirCopyOrder=4 sets order in which files in subdirs are copied: 4=unsorted (default), 5=like active panel (no custom columns), 0..3 ascending by name, ext, size, date, -1..-4 descending by name, ext, size, date (32/64)
· Fixed: On Windows 8 consumer preview, Metro apps have strange DefaultIcon entries which couldn't be loaded -> use SHGetFileInfo (32/64)
· Fixed: Some jpg files could cause an SSE floating point exception in Microsoft's PhotoMetadataHandler -> turn off SSE exceptions before each call to GetInfoTip (32/64)
· Fixed: Background transfer manager: The "+" button allowed to add files from port connection although the latter doesn't support transfers in background (it cannot handle multiple transfers in parallel) (32/64)
· Fixed: Synchronize dirs with plugins not creating remote directories if the used plugin only contained the...