Total Commander is a modern interpretation of the popular Norton Commander. It comes with a new approach on Windows, relying on a two-panel interface that allows users to handle files in two folders at the same time, just like with the MS-DOS-based tool.
The way files are listed vary according to each user's preferences, with shortcuts for every single operation, starting with the common cut, copy and paste tools and ending with edit, create a new folder and rename.
But Total Commander has to offer much more than that. It has a FTP client for accessing servers in a matter of seconds, a multi-rename tool just in case you want to keep things organized, multiple network tools plus a gigantic settings menu that allows you to configure every single bit of the application.
As you would expect, Total Commander is able to handle archives too, so it can pack and unpack files in a matter of seconds, as we've learned during our tests. However, probably the best thing about it is the speed of operation. This piece of software is so fast that won’t even notice the difference between opening a folder with 2 files and one with 300 files.
With its great feature pack and extensive customization possibilities, Total Commander sets the bar high for all file managers. Working with it is not difficult and once you get the hang of it, you may find it is an indispensable tool.
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release:
· Added: Include both new unrar.dll for Windows 2000 or newer, and unrar9x.dll for older Windows versions (32)
· Fixed: Compare by content, rename file: Select only file name if RenameSelOnlyName=1 is set (32/64)
· Fixed: Compare by content, files > 1MB: Open file with "deny write" option to avoid problem with file mapping (32/64)
· Fixed: Prevent floating point exception (without using try..catch) in date/time compare function in case of invalid timestamps from some network drives (32/64)
· Fixed: Directory hotlist, add directory to submenu: Handle also malformed menus with more closing markers '--' than opening markers '-menuname' (32/64)
· Fixed: Synchronize dirs: Do not open inplace rename edit box when user clicks on the other side of the same line while already renaming (32/64)
· Fixed: Delete empty lines at the end of a tooltip (32/64)
· Fixed: Small error in word wrap function used in tooltips causing word wraps at unwanted locations (32/64)
· Added: Searching with search list in "Sear...