Feed Notifier Portable is a Windows application that resides in the system tray and displays pop-up notifications on your desktop when new items arrive in your subscribed RSS or Atom feeds.
Feed Notifier Portable is for you if you want a news aggregator that focuses on real-time feed notifications and leaves out all the other stuff that comes with most news readers.
Feed Notifier Portable can keep you informed on the go, so take it for a test drive to see what it's all about!
· Supports all common RSS and Atom web feed protocols.
· Clean look and feel with user selectable themes.
· Configurable polling interval for each feed.
· Configurable popup duration.
· Configurable popup size and position.
· Configurable popup transparency.
· Popups do not steal keyboard or mouse focus from other applications.
· Popups show item age and author.
· Navigation controls in popups to view next/previous items.
· Advanced keyword filtering options.
· Supports launching from Firefox and other browsers via feed:// protocol.
· Supports enabling/disabling individual feeds.
· Deactivates when user is idle to save bandwidth and processing time.
· Supports authenticated feeds that require a username and password.
· Supports using a proxy server.
· Displays favicon for feeds when available.
· Multi-threaded feed polling.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed Windows 7 bug that caused feeds to be lost under certain circumstances.
· Improved disk saving and loading procedures to be more robust.
· Fixed Windows 7 32-bit bug that caused Feed Notifier to crash when the OS was being shutdown.
· Added larger application icons for Windows 7.