Have you ever needed to access your computer from home when you were at work, just to view a few files? Of course, your personal computer is rarely shutdown while you're away.
Team Viewer is a remote utility that enables you to view the desktop of another computer, and play with is as if it was your own.
Installation is not really necessary, but it is recommended.
The interface of Team Viewer is very simple to understand, even by users who have never dealt with remote utilities before.
The application works like so: two computers must have Team Viewer active on their computer, and each of them will get a unique ID and password.
If you wish to gain control of your friend's computer, you need to input his ID and password and... that's it.
You can set up a remote control, file transfer, or VPN, with anyone in the world.
In addition, several friends can view your desktop, if you host a presentation. This means they have "read-only" privileges, so they can't control anything on your desktop.
Moreover, Team Viewer allows you to create a list of computers to remotely control, manage them, see who is online, and exchange instant messages.
Our thoughts? During a simple remote control on another computer, the reaction time was horribly slow, although our actions have been seen to run perfectly by our friend's computer.
But during a presentation, things ran more smoothly, although there were still some issues. It happened that the viewed desktop had an animated wallpaper, so the colors and movements we could see were dreadful.
To sum things up, Team Viewer is a cute tool you can play or work with, but it needs some major updates.
What's New in This Release:
Drag & Drop Even Faster:
· Simply drag each desired file from and into the remote control window and drop it exactly where you want it.
Enhanced Multi-Monitor Support:
· Do you and your clients both work with two or more screens? Then simply display multiple remote screens on a 1:1 scale on your own monitors - simultaneously and without toggling.
Save Connection Settings per Computer:
· You can now store individual connection settings for each computer in your computers & contacts list. Thereby, saving you valuable time for all further connections to the same computers.
Integrated Screenshot Feature:
· Create a screenshot at any moment during a remote control session. Thus, snapshots of the remote screen are acquired at lightning speed.
· Convert your recorded sessions into AVI format and then edit your videos at will.
Movable TeamViewer Panel:
· Position your TeamViewer Panel wherever you like on your local monitors so that you can see every important scree...