Document Import Kit for SharePoint 2007 (DocKIT) is a powerful, easy-to-use tool to import documents from file systems & network shares into Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS 2007) and Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services v3.0.
DocKIT software has been designed and developed to address the specific needs of companies that are deploying Microsoft Office SharePoint Servers / Windows SharePoint Services.
DocKIT for SharePoint 2007 will assist users in importing their existing file repositories and documents into Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 / Windows SharePoint Services.
The functional benefits of using DocKIT for SharePoint 2007 include:
· Provides a simple solution to import documents and its associated file properties
· Imports documents from different file server locations and network shares into SharePoint at periodic intervals
· Imports metadata stored in a CSV / Excel / TXT file and applies it to the respective documents in SharePoint
· Imports file properties of source documents namely - Title, Subject, Author, Category, Keywords and Comments and applies it to the respective documents in SharePoint
· Imports Manager and Company file properties in the case of MS-Office documents. Automatically propagates Microsoft Office custom file properties.
· Import documents and metadata using a batch descriptor file
· Applies document properties for documents residing in a SharePoint library using a metadata file
· Renames invalid characters in source folders & files (in local computer or network locations) to valid characters while importing them in bulk to a SharePoint library
· Schedules the import process to run at scheduled intervals
· Import folders & files and metadata
· Import folders and files along with metadata (external metadata file and file properties) from file system to SharePoint library based on the folders/files manually added by the user using the DocKIT user interface.
· Import documents from a batch descriptor file
· Import folders and files along with metadata (external metadata file and file properties) from file system to SharePoint library based on the entries in the batch descriptor file.
· Apply metadata to documents from metadata file
· Update document properties to documents already residing in a SharePoint library using the values specified in the metadata file.
· Import to multiple destinations
· DocKIT enables simultaneous import of documents into multiple document libraries located in a SharePoint Site.
· Import external metadata of documents
· DocKIT allows you to import metadata of documents stored in an external file, thereby eliminating the burden of manually entering values to the documents while checking in. This feature is extremely useful if you have the document properties (metadata) stored in a database or spreadsheet or any other application.
· Import file system properties
· DocKIT imports file system properties ('Summary' properties) - Title, Subject, Author, Category, Keywords, and Comments and applies it to the respective documents in SharePoint. DocKIT also imports Manager and Company file properties and all other custom file properties in the case of MS-Office documents.. This feature is extremely useful if you want to store the original file system property values in the respective SharePoint columns.
· Import multiple file versions
· DocKIT imports multiple file versions of documents in the source folder in the user specified order (version sequence).
· Tasks Manager
· DocKIT creates import tasks and maintains task history in a task oriented interface. Create a scheduled task or store the task settings and manually run the task on-demand. Keep track of all import tasks performed using DocKIT. Task Manager internally uses the familiar Windows task scheduler to run import tasks at different time intervals - daily, monthly, weekly etc.
· Schedule Task
· Schedule task allows you to schedule the import process at specified scheduled intervals. DocKIT imports the documents to SharePoint based on the import settings and task schedule.
· : Intel Pentium processor
· Software: Windows XP (or) Windows Vista (or) Windows Server 2003 with the latest service packs and .NET Framework 2.0 or higher
· 512 MB of RAM
· 4 MB disk space to install DocKIT
· 15 days trial
· You can import 100 documents only to SharePoint library