Serviio allows you to stream your media files (music, video or images) to any DLNA-certified renderer device (e.g. a TV set, games console) on your home network.
Serviio uses a priority-based metadata extraction so that you can choose what metadata should describe your media files (e.g. audio track name, DVD cover, TV series and episodes names, etc.). These include metadata embedded into the media files themselves, locally stored metadata files and metadata that can be obtained online. With this powerful tool you will be able to build your Serviio media library easily and effectively.
Serviio works with any DLNA compliant device (TV, Playstation 3, etc.) and some other (XBox 360). It supports profiles for particular devices so that it can be tuned to maximise the device's potential and/or minimize lack of media format playback support (via transcoding).
With Serviio you get an easy to use solution for streaming your multimedia files.
· DLNA 1.5 compatible UPnP media server
· streams audio, video (SD & HD) and image files in their native format or transcoded in real-time
· automatically udpates the media library when you add/update/remove a media file or a metadata file
· wide array of library browsing options
· supports different editable renderer profiles
· supports automatic renderer detection (for certain devices)
· extracts metadata of your media files the way you want it, incl. embedded metadata tags, local metadata files, online metadata sources
· supports video thumbnails, CD covers, DVD posters, etc.
· categorizes video files into movie and/or series and marks last viewed episodes of a series
· any DLNA-compliant device should work
· Samsung TVs (supports additional features, e.g. subtitles)
· Samsung Bluray players
· Sony TVs
· Panasonic TVs
· Playstation 3
· Xbox 360
· LG Bluray players
· WDTV Live
· Oppo BDP-83
· DirecTV DVR
Supported media files:
· Audio: MP3( .mp3), Windows Media Audio (.wma)
· Video: MPEG-1 (.mpg, .mpeg), MPEG-2 PS (.mpg, .mpeg, vob, mod), MPEG-2 TS (.ts, .m2ts), MPEG-4 (.mp4, m4v, mov), AVI (.avi, .divx), Windows Media Video (.wmv, .asf), Matroska (.mkv)
· Image: JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg)
· 378 MB of memory or more (2GB recommended)
· 20 MB of disk space (plus additional space for storing library definition), when using transcoding make sure there is at least 1GB free (depending on the original file size)
· Java 6 installed
What's New in This Release:
· added caching of library information for faster browsing experience; issue #86
· added profile for Samsung C-series devices
· added support for MJPEG video codec; issue #120
· added support for MPEG4 Microsoft variant (or DIV3); issue #117
· added possibility of not limiting image resolution to 4096x4096 if device supports it; issue #121
· added tool tip on shared folder name in console to enable distinguishing long entries; issue #122
· added subtitles support for LG BD players; issue #124
· added possibility to disable generation of thumbnails for local video files; issue #90
· added possiblity to turn off online metadata extraction for some folders; issue #114
· added option to select either Server, Console or both for Windows Installation; issue #47
· fixed remote console startup
· fixed storing music albums with long titles; issue #110
· fixed console in a case when system tray is not supported by the OS; issue #109
· bundled FFmpeg now works on OSX 10.5
· fixed storing corrupted fps value of...