The PC Tools Firewall Plus application was developed to be a powerful free personal firewall for Windows that protects your computer by preventing unauthorized users from gaining access to your computer through the Internet or a network. By monitoring applications that connect to the network Firewall Plus can stop Trojans, backdoors, keyloggers and other malware from damaging your computer and stealing your private information.
PC Tools Firewall Plus is advanced technology designed especially for people, not just experts. Powerful prevention against attacks and known exploits is activated by default while experienced users can optionally create their own advanced packet filtering rules, including IPv6 support, to customize the network defenses. All you need to do is install it for immediate and automatic ongoing protection.
That's how PC Tools Firewall Plus provides world-leading protection, backed by regular Smart Updates, real-time protection and comprehensive network shielding to ensure your PC remains safe and hacker free. PC Tools products are trusted and used by millions of people every day to protect their home and business computers against online threats.
New Network Awareness:
· PC Tools Firewall Plus detects when you connect to a local network for the first time and enables users to define rules for each and every local network your PC joins. You can also simply set the trust level for each local network and let PC Tools Firewall Plus automatically adjust rules to match.
Improved Data Leakage Protection:
· PC Tools Firewall Plus helps keep the information stored on your PC private and safe from hackers by detecting and blocking attempts by malware to leak data using trusted applications, such as web browsers and critical system services.
Windows Filtering Platform Support:
· PC Tools Firewall Plus is built using the new Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) architecture in Windows 7, Vista and Server 2008 to provide you with precise control over all network traffic, including IPv6, on both 32bit and 64bit systems.
· PC Tools Firewall Plus has minimal impact on system and network resources - perfect for processor-intensive, high-bandwidth games and online broadband media content.
· Easy to configure with normal and expert user modes
· Normal User Mode offers a simplified interface for basic users to protect their computers when connected to the Internet or any other network. All you need to do is to choose which applications are allowed access to the Internet/network.
· Expert User Mode provides a highly configurable interface for advanced expert users to allow greater control over how your computer and applications connect and interact with the Internet/network. Expert user mode gives you additional options to create custom rules for applications and to control traffic at port-level. Firewall Plus alerts in expert mode are also more detailed to facilitate a greater understanding of the connections made by the applications.
What's New in This Release:
· Extensive Security Permission (ESP). PC Tools Firewall Plus has extended its Self Protection to block malicious programs bypassing the firewall. Some malicious programs access the internet by disabling the firewall allowing your personal information to be sent to the internet undetected. PC Tools Firewall Plus intercepts termination requests restricting who can terminate the firewall and modify protected objects.
· Improved Application rules interface displays an applicationâ��s details as well as extended/improved user control over input and output rule creation and modification. The new rules interface also allows creation and modification of new ESP rules. This allows the expert user complete control of the network access.
· More informative pop ups PC Tools Firewall Plus is built using the new Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) architecture in Windows 7, Vistaâ�¢ and Server 2008 to provide you with precise control over all network traffic, including IPv6, on both 32bit and 64bit system...