Maxthon 3 is a free web browser which has quickly developed a large fan base, due to its completely customizable and user-friendly interface, as well as high speed and overall good performance. Also, Maxthon has several useful features that aim to help you improve navigation.
For example, there is an undo button for any tabs that you have accidentally closed, and a search toolbar with eight different search engines, new private window and new session options.
Capturing an image, a whole webpage or a region doesn't require installing an add-on (as other web browsers usually do) because now you have a single button called Snap (exports file as .png, .bmp, or .jpg).
External Tools offer quick launch to any software on the computer, such as Paint or Calculator, and there is a built-in notepad that runs faster than Windows' Notepad, which you can use to write notes, or even scripts and run them in Maxthon 3.
Resource Sniffers features show page history and detects whether a page contains video, audio, images or just plain text (and you can download any of them too), while a translate button redirects you to a specified link for language translation purposes (the default is Google Translate).
By pressing F10 you activate split screen for easy navigation between webpages (similar to Total Commander for file managing), and the most fun part about Maxthon probably relies within mouse gestures (for example, by simply dragging a link from any webpage, you can open it in a new tab).
When it comes to security and convenience, Maxthon 3 comes with a built-in Ad Hunter blocks unnecessary ads, images and pages, a Feed Reader ensures that you have all your news at hand, whereas the Download Manager can help you easily access all the items you grabbed.
Maxthon 3 is likely to surprise you with its simplicity and efficiency, especially in this highly competitive market. Furthermore, everything about Maxthon 3 is completely customizable, so you can create your own web browsing experience.
What's New in This Release:
· Initial support for Web Camera
· Right-click menu language display problem in installation dialog box
· Scrolling bar displayed in installation interface in some languages
· Path drop-down list width problem in Maxthon Downloader
· Focus problem after closing Print Preview
· Lock Tab problem
· No response caused by js popup windows
· Supported orbit downloader displaying in page right-click menu
· Sometimes it could not download all links
· Crash problem caused by searching trigonometric functions in Google
· High CPU usage when added some specific links to Quick Access
· HTML5 notifications did not disappear
· Could not invoke Thunder Downloader
· Some wrong blocks in AdHunter
· Magic Fill form did not display well
· Could not close the video popup floating button
· Problem related to cookies
· Improved Extension Platform