is an automatic screenshot taker. But it's much more than just that.
It can take screenshots -- "snapshots" of your computer screen, also known as screen captures -- as often as you'd like, and not only save them to disk, but also...
- E-mail each screenshot to an unlimited number of recipients, including yourself
- Upload each screenshot to your web server, via FTP
- Upload each screenshot to the free ImageShack hosting service
, all you are required to do is set it and forget it -- saving you valuable time and effort.
Protect. Document. Monitor. So many uses. Use it to:
- Keep track of how time is being spent on the computer
- Monitor the computing habits of your employees, students, or children
- Take action against cyber-bullying
- Share information with your customers, co-workers, and friends
- Document intensive tasks and your daily activities IcyScreen
has enough features to satisfy everyone from the everyday user to the system administrator, yet it's still easy to configure and use. IcyScreen
gives you complete control over almost every single thing that it does. Besides configuring the locations you'd like each screenshot to be saved and uploaded to (see above), you can:
- Configure exactly how often a screenshot is taken
- Customize nearly every single aspect of the screenshot, including the file name (use format codes to make organization a breeze), dimensions, and image format/quality
- Choose exactly what to take a screenshot of: the active window or the entire screen (you can even select which monitors to include in the screenshot, as well as the areas that are extracted from each monitor)
- Easily control multiple user accounts with the built-in central management capabilities
- Configure it to disable itself temporarily if the computer has been inactive, or if the screensaver is running; prevent screenshots from being saved if the screen has not changed
... and much, much more.
What's new in this version: Support for taking a screenshot of just the active window; Greatly improved timestamp/format code support; The handling of globally-saved setting files is much more convenient; The timer is now more accurate; Faster upload speeds; Made central management much easier; Many other improvements.