Fraps software was designed to be a universal Windows application that can be used with games using DirectX or OpenGL graphic technology. In its current form Fraps performs many tasks and can best be described as:
Benchmarking Software - Show how many Frames Per Second (FPS) you are getting in a corner of your screen. Perform custom benchmarks and measure the frame rate between any two points. Save the statistics out to disk and use them for your own reviews and applications.
Screen Capture Software - Take a screenshot with the press of a key! There's no need to paste into a paint program every time you want a new shot. Your screen captures are automatically named and timestamped.
Realtime Video Capture Software - Have you ever wanted to record video while playing your favourite game? Come join the Machinima revolution! Throw away the VCR, forget about using a DV cam, game recording has never been this easy! Fraps can capture audio and video up to 2560x1600 with custom frame rates from 10 to 120 frames per second!
· Fraps watermark along top of video
· Maximum of 30 seconds per recording
· Screenshots saved in bitmap format only
What's New in This Release:
· Support for large AVI movie files (above 4 Gigabytes) on NTFS drives
· Added option to split AVIs at 4 Gigabytes for legacy AVI 1.0 support
· Fixed loop recording using large amounts of disk space for short clips
· Fixed benchmark logs not being saved if game was quit before benchmark ended
· Fixed View folder not opening window on some machines
NEW MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
· CPU with SSE2 required (Pentium 4 & above)
· Windows 2000 is no longer supported (Windows XP & above)